Last Modified: April 4, 2016
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website TribLIVE.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy is subject to and in addition to our Terms of Service.
This policy applies to all information we collect:
- – On this Website.
- – In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- – When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- – In other ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- – us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- – any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do NOT knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Joe Lawrence at email@example.com or write to us at:
503 Martindale Street
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- – by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- – that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as content preferences and frequency of readership; and/or
- – about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- – Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- – Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include without limitation usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- – Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use certain features of our Website or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- – Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- – Your responses to polls, surveys or questions that we might ask you to complete.
- – Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including without limitation:
- – Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- – Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- – Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- – Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- – Speed up your searches.
- – Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include without limitation:
- – Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- – Any industry-standard data and website information collection methodologies then in existence.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- – To present our Website and its contents to you.
- – To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- – To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- – To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- – To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- – To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- – In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- – For any purposes permitted under this policy or the Terms of Service.
- – For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- – To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- – To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- – To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- – To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- – For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- – With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- – To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- – To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- – If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, other users of the Website, our customers or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California “Shine the Light” law permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
503 Martindale Street
U.S. Mail: TribLive, 503 Martindale Street, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15212